From the tropics…to snowflakes!!
They only lasted about 2 minutes. But still, very exciting for this Southerner!
Can you see them!?
Warm + cool snack – hot tea with yogurt/granola, consumed right before a blustery friendship walk with my girl Faith!
Dinner tonight involved lots of lentils..
A sweet potato, carrots + celery, a can of coconut milk and spices…
Ginger Coconut Lentil Soup!
Ginger Coconut Lentil Soup
Yield 6 Cups
Ginger, garam malasa and coconut give this hearty soup soul. It can be blended or not, whichever you prefer. Top with yogurt and sriracha!
- 1.5 cups brown dry lentils
- 1 can coconut milk
- 3 cups water
- 1 large sweet potato, diced
- 3 carrots, diced
- 3 celery stalks, diced
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- 1 tsp minced ginger
- 1 heaping tsp garam masala
- 1/2 tsp coriander
- Heat a pot to medium-high and add a bit of olive oil.
- Cook veggies for about 5 minute, stirring as needed.
- Add garlic and ginger, stir and cook for 2 minutes.
- Add coconut milk, water, lentils and spices.
- Bring to just below a boil and then reduce to low and simmer for 30 minutes covered. Keep your eye on it and add a bit more water if necessary.
- Allow to cool slightly and blend soup with vita-mix or stick blender, or just leave loose.
Thick, blended, and packed with coconut and ginger flavor!
We top everything with greek yogurt in this house ; )
Ellen’s muffins on the side!
Have a cozy evening!