Shrimp Soup’s on!
Matt is feeling like he’s getting sick, so I planned a spicy, brothy soup for dinner tonight. It features the Key West wild caught frozen shrimp I picked up from Whole Foods along with tons of veggies and spice.
Spicy Shimpy Soup
Yield 2 Big Bowls
This soup is souper healthy and ready in a flash! Mix and match whatever veggies and meat you have on hand.
- 1-2 tsp olive oil
- About 20 frozen shrimp (or fresh!), peeled
- 1 small or 1/2 large bell pepper, cut into strips
- 1/2 cup shredded carrot
- 1 cup bean sprouts or snow peas
- 1 broccoli crown, chopped
- 3 cups vegetable broth
- 1 tsp ground or freshly chopped ginger
- 2 pinches red pepper flakes
- 1 tsp soy sauce
- 2 grinds black pepper
- Sriratcha chilli sauce for garnish
- Add some olive oil to a medium-sized sauce pan over medium heat
- Sautee veggies for 5 minutes, until slightly tender.
- Add broth and shrimp.
- Add spices.
- Bring to just below a boil.
- When shrimp are pink, soup is ready!
My only complaint about these shrimp was that they were teeny! They shrunk so much in the soup. But I guess that worked out well so they’d be bite size on the spoon.
Rosemary Garlic, oh I love you so much. Especially when the butter has melted in to provide juicy bite after juicy bite!
Afternoon snack – oikos + cville cluster. This was one of those tedious “It’s so late I’m going to spoil my dinner but I’m so hungry” snacks. I could have eaten 10x this much, but I’m glad I just had something to tide me over or I would have never been able to fit all that soup!
Overnight oats are a’soakin’!