This homemade graham cracker recipe is in the shape of a pumpkin with a touch of pumpkin pie spice – perfect for fall themed s’mores!
Years ago I made homemade graham crackers in the shape of pumpkins. I’ve thought about them every fall since!
I am a graham lover through and through.
I love the sweet light crunch of graham crackers, and I will order anything s’mores themed on a menu every.
Graham + marshmallow + chocolate are three of my very favorite flavors.
(Add anything butterscotch or toffee to that list and you have my dream dessert!)
Pumpkin Graham Cracker Recipe
The recipe is very simple, and you can make it even easier by just making square grahams.
But I think pumpkins are more festive!
Here’s how to make your grahams
Mix your ingredients in a food processor or stand mixer until a dough forms.
Roll out into a flat sheet on a floured surface.
The thinner you roll them, the harder each graham will be to transfer, but the crispier the final cookie will be. A thicker roll will yield a softer, fluffier cookie.
Cut out pumpkins! Roll out any remaining dough until you have cut all the pumpkins out that you can.
Space 1″ apart on a cookie sheet (mine were a little too close together!
Bake for 20 minutes at 350*.
For an even crunchier graham cracker, turn off your oven, transfer pumpkins to a cooling rack, and let them cool in the still-warm oven for an hour.
The heat will continue to bake off moisture leaving you with a crunchy cracker.
Enjoy plain or topped with all the s’more toppings you can dream of!
Pumpkin Spice Graham Crackers
- 1.5 cups whole wheat pastry flour
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 1.5 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 1/2 cup brown sugar packed
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 stick salted butter 1/2 cup
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/4 cup honey
- Preheat oven to 350*
- Combine flours, pumpkin pie spice, brown sugar, salt and baking soda in a food processor and whirl to combine.
- Cube butter into 1/4 inch pieces and pulse it in until you have bullets of butter throughout.
- Add water and honey and process until it forms a dough.
- Set the dough onto your counter and roll out so it's about 1/4" thick.
- Cut the dough into pumpkins or squares.
- Combine any remaining dough in another ball and roll out. Repeat cutting until dough is gone. Eat any remaining dough 😉
- Place parchment on baking pan and pumpkins on top.
- Bake for about 20 minutes, depending on thickness. Look for the center to be set.
- If crispy crackers are desired, transfer pumpkins to a cooling rack and place back in warm oven – with heat turned OFF – for an hour.