I think the grass worked! I am feeling better.
Afternoon went like this:
Short class period with time to fit in a nice elliptical workout at Winthrop’s gym:
Tried two new bars today – disliked both. I had half of one and then decided I would feel emotionally unsatisfied for eating something I didn’t like so I tried another. Two bad bars does not a good bar make!
The Cocoa Mole LaraBar was the first one I have really not cared for. It was too spicy. The Luna bar just tasted like the epitome of fake. [I am parked at a stoplight, FYI!]
Then it was off to garden in the rain!
Lauri and I joined Betsy, the garden manager, and picked over 30 pounds of produce!
Beans, okra, tomatoes, jalapenos, green peppers.
And then Betsy made me plant onions!!!!!! The horror!!!!
After two hours in chilly drizzle, I was stoked for a hot shower and a delicious dinner.
We cooked a base of pasta. I got this Barilla Plus from Costco because it was very inexpensive. It was good. Tasted like whole wheat to me.
Eggplant. I cannot decide between sweet potato, butternut squash, okra and eggplant which is my very favorite veggie. LOVE them all.
We cooked the eggplant in a skillet in some canola oil, Worcestershire sauce and oregano until it was marshamallowy tender. We also sautéed a bag of kale in some garlic and a little water. We combined those over pasta and decided for a "sauce" we’d each do our own thing.
Mine was topped with 2 dates, 1 dried fig, 2 tbsp grated Parrano cheese and 2 tbsp fig goat cheese from Costco. It was HEAVENLY!
Matt made a tahini + hummus sauce for his. It was excellent too!
I amped up the atmosphere with candlelight to make it extra cozy
Lots Of Announcements!!!
1) Google Chrome released a whole line of browser themes today. I am in LOVE with the Kate Spade one!! I changed my Gmail theme to match 🙂
3) For more info on how to use SpringPad, here’s their how-to video:
4) As I predicted, you guys crashed the Gmail video Screencast site! I am working to upgrade to a Pro Jing account and will get the videos on You Tube. Hoping to post #2 tomorrow!
6) I just spent over an hour reading and answer>ing emails. I got 1,000 today!
7) 22 minutes until GOSSIP GIRL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Going to make a cup of tea and enjoy it.