This post is sponsored by NuMe
Nope, we’re not talking about the ocean. We’re talking about hair!
I have the world’s straightest hair, and, naturally, I have been obsessed with curling it since I was young! I curled my hair every.single.day. of high school and rarely wore it straight. These days I do wear it straight sometimes, mostly because I don’t have time for curls all the time, but I curl it for most special occasions! A curling iron is my tool of choice.
I’ve learned a few tips to get those beachy waves that seem to look best in my hair:
- Leave the ends straight. Since my hair is straight to begin with, leaving straight ends is more forgiving if I miss pieces in the back. It also means I don’t have to curl every single strand and can do my whole head in less time. I can leave the undersides straighter and it all blends together: curls on top, straight underneath.
- Hold the wand pointing down and back away from the face. I don’t know why this works, but it’s a tip Anne told me years ago and it looks the most natural.
- Use a wand! To prevent kinks (which my hair is prone to get), a wand, which you wrap the hair around, works best. There is no clamp or clip to leave a strange kink in the curl.
I start by pulling a thin strand of hair about one inch wide out:
Pointing the wand down towards the ground, I wrap the hair around and hold the end with my fingers. Note that these wands come with a glove that protects your hand from getting burned. Fun fact: they fit on both the left and right hand, so you can switch sides!
After a 5 to 10 second hold, release gently.
NuMe reached out to me about featuring their wands on KERF, and my BFF Lauren and I had so much fun making this blog post for you! Lauren runs a Mary Kay business, and she is my go-to gal for all-things-beauty. She did my make up for this shoot too!
There are many kinds of wands to choose from on the NuMe site, but I tried two of their best sellers:
- The Magic Wand at 25mm. It heats up very quickly and comes with a protecting glove. It’s great for hair of all lengths! This is usually $149 and NuMe is offering it for $39 with free shipping (which usually costs $12) with the promo code KATHBF39.
- The Titan 3 features interchangeable ends in three lengths: 19mm, 25mm, 32mm. I love that you can swap out the sizes depending on the type of curls you want that day! It’s three wands in one. Normally $200, this one is going for only $69 this weekend with the code KATHBF69.
The above Black Friday Sale in July goes through to Sunday, July 31!
Lauren’s hair is naturally wavy and short, and so the 19mm wand was great for her, while I love the 25mm size for my longer hair.
(Do you think we look alike? We often get asked if we are sisters!)
Thanks to NuMe for sponsoring this post and for making my summer look complete!