I drink tea all.winter.long. It’s my main form of hydration and the only way I can keep the chill out of my body. Most of the time I have it plain or with a teaspoon of honey and milk, but ever so often I make something fancy.
I first had a London Fog at Bread & Cocoa in San Francisco. It’s Earl Gray tea, vanilla and steamed milk. Divine! I recently ordered one here in Cville and figured I’d attempt to make my own at home and switched up the tea for a minty profile. Here’s how it went!!
Minted Fog Tea
- 1/2 a cup of milk
- 8 ounces of water
- Mint tea a blend is nice!
- 1 tsp honey
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- Heat water for tea and steep according to your teabag.
- Stir in honey.
- Put milk in a jar and heat for 30 seconds.
- Add lid and shake milk for a minute.
- Stir in vanilla.
- Use a milk frother (mine is from IKEA) to froth milk even more.
- Add milk to tea.