I got my groove back!! No cookies after lunch. Hopefully I’ll make it through the afternoon too!
I’m sipping on sparkling water today. I LOVE sparkling water/seltzer but I don’t drink it often for 2 reasons:
1) It’s expensive. Water comes from a faucet and is FREE.
2) Bottled water is horrible for the enviornment and even though I try to reuse my bottles, it takes unnecessary energy to product, transport, distribute, and recycle bottles. For this reason I only drink water from a bottle when I have no other way to drink it. Since I’m headed back to portable campus life, I’ll need to find a good water bottle. I hate Nalgenes (they smell in a week!) but I’m thinking about trying the Sigg brand.
Anyways, seltzer today kept my mouth happy and boredom “hunger” at bay.
Kept lunch a little smaller than usual, but this sandwich was quite big. 360 calories alone! 2.25 oz of roasted turkey, 1 slice reduced-fat Kraft sharp cheddar, a squirt of Spectrum Canola mayo (added by the husband because he thought I wanted some!), mustard, pickle, and some romaine, all on Ezekiel bread.
On the side I had a romaine + pom salad drizzled with walnut oil. My pom seeds always sink to the bottom, but I always have 1-2 tbsp in there!
A small side of spaghetti squash (the last of it!) that I had on the side instead of in my salad today.
Apple slices with cinnamon:
All together for 494 kcal:
Then I got in a nice 40-minute walk in the cold. Scarf and gloves in tact!! I took Eating Well for Optimum Health with me. It’s a wonderful book and when I have a free minute I want to write more about it! ~150 kcal burned.
Here’s the menu for our office party tonight (which I coordinated!)
- Adobo Rubbed Filet Mignon with Tomato Chutney
- Grilled Chicken and Peanut Sauce
- Smoked Salmon and Apple Hash Pockets
- Applewood Bacon Wrapped Pork Tenderloin on Corn Bread Disk
- Shrimp Cocktail
- Lobster Lollipop with Citrus Glaze
- Panko Crusted Lump Crab Cakes with Bread n’ Butter Cashew Cream
- Brick Oven Assorted Vegetables with Herb and Truffle Oil Drizzle
- Mud Pie (Bite-size portions)
- Blueberry Buckle (Bite-size portions)
- 2 Hour Well Open Bar (includes beer, wine, well liquor, soda, coffee, tea)
- Beer tours with 3 beer samples per person
Sounds pretty yummy!!
I’m going to have one of everything except the filet (I’m just not much of a steak eater!). Maybe a second lobster and crab cake if they are small. Plus the beer samples. Plus one each of the desserts, assuming they are 1″ sized “bite sized.” (If they’re bigger I’ll have a bite of the husbands).
Sounds like a plan!
I’ll also try to have a good snack so I won’t be starving. Perhaps my LaraBar I’ve been holding onto? Although oatmeal might be in store and would be less kcal…
Have a nice afternoon!