I’ve always been intrigued by fresh, warm crepes and always order then when dining out. I’ve seen others make them before too, but always thought I needed to allot several hours to "figuring them out". Today, I learned this is NOT so!! The batter whipped up in a matter of seconds and using a non-stick pan on medium heat created the perfect crepe in mere minutes!! And I didn’t have one single crepe “act up” on me. I’ve tried several delicious fillings including:
- "Sauteed Bananas with Chocolate Sauce"
- "Peanut Butter with Bananas and Dates"
- "Cinnamon-Sugar with Honey"
(Makes 4-5 crepes)
- 1/4 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/4 cup all purpose flour
- 2 Tbsp ground flax seed, optional
- 1 egg
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- Mix everything in a large bowl.
- Pour 1/4 cup ladle of the mixture into a lightly buttered pan heated at medium.
- Tilt the pan and turn so that the mixture evenly coats the entire bottom of the pan.
- Cook the crepe until golden brown on the bottom, about 2 minutes.
- Flip and cook the other side until golden brown.
Asian-Style Chicken Crepes
Johnstone’s Vin Blanc