After a long and hot afternoon, we had Karen over for a rustic Easter dinner.
On the menu: Lamb Stew over Brown Rice
And grilled cabbage + zucchini
The stew incorporated another third of the big lamb leg we got from the Organic Butcher a few weeks ago. Karen paid for it, so we’re cooking her dinners with it until it’s gone! [It’s in our freezer]
- 1-1.5 pounds lamb leg cut into cubes [could also use beef or chicken]
- 3 cups broth
- 1 lb of red potatoes
- 2 carrots
- 1 can fire-roasted diced tomatoes
- 1 cup frozen greens
- 1/2 tsp smoked paprika
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- Salt + pepper to taste
- Brown lamb in oil in the bottle of a large stockpot.
- Add remaining ingredients and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to low, cover and simmer for an hour.
- Serve over brown rice
I couldn’t quite finish my stew or all of the grilled cabbage, which was pretty crunchy and hard to cut.
Plus I was obviously saving room for the next course!
Karen brought a flourless chocolate cake, and the icing on the cake was the icing on the cake!
Delicious + divine. We all went back for small slivers of seconds!
We may have to open the windows to sleep tonight – it’s still hot!