But first, afternoon snack! My giant apple from lunch, plus a tbsp PB and a hunk of nutty bread – and tea! This basically ruined my appetite for dinner 🙁 I’m always hungry for a substantial snack from 4-5pm but then I never get hungry enough for dinner. If I just wait out snack hour, then dinner is always enjoyable, but that makes for an itchy 4pm hour. I suppose I just need to have a smaller snack. Some nuts or something. Or just eat dinner when I’m only about a 5 on a hunger scale.
It probably didn’t help that I had a mocktail and a fig around 6:30 after we went for a 30 minute walk to the grocery store for mushrooms for dinner and apples for GOTR tomorrow. Figs are SO WEIRD tasting but I like them….kind of! Sweet like a plum…..but grassy….and mushy.
I chose tonight’s dinner while reading Everyday with Rachel Ray on my walk yesterday. UnforTUNAtely the recipe isn’t posted online yet, but hopefully it will be soon: Tuna And Tomato Pasta . Simple and cheap!
I’m calling ours TNT
Adapted from Everyday with Rachel Ray
- 3 oz small shape pasta
- Pint mushrooms
- 2 small tomatoes
- 1 tbsp whipped butter (or just cooking spray)
- 1.5 cups jarred pasta sauce, such as the Bertolli I got from BlogHer and love
- 3 oz can chunk light tuna
- Parmesan, basil and hot seasonings to taste for garnish
- Cook pasta, drain.
- Meanwhile, heat butter and saute mushrooms and tomatoes until soft, 7-10 minutes.
- Add pasta, sauce, tuna. Heat through.
- Portion into bowls, top with garnishes.
~400 kcal per serving.
I also came across this meal planning widget on the RR website. Pretty cool if you’re looking for meal ideas!!
I’m off to study some, if I can force myself, and then to bed ! I’m sleepy.