So I thought I was excited about fall.
But then the rain came. And it got cold. And now I would like summer back. Pretty, pretty please!!
Also, my nectarine Alex!
[I ate the nectarine for a snack. It was not good.]
I wrapped up a lot of business at the bakery and then headed home to make a quick dinner.
This is a perfect example of how making something healthy can be cheap, easy and quick.
Lazy Girl’s Lentil Soup
This soup is thrown together with pantry staples but tastes quite flavorful and is very filling. I’d recommend bacon (we didn’t have any!) or a dash of smoked paprika or Liquid Smoke for even more fun. Garnish with plain yogurt or sour cream!
- 1.5 cups dried french lentils [you can use brown but they won’t be quite as flavorful or round. Red will turn to mush!]
- 4 cups broth of your choice
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 1 cup fresh peppers or frozen
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 tbsp yellow curry powder [I would maybe add even more!]
- 1/2 tsp garam masala [sub in a mix of ginger/cinnamon if you don’t have this]
- Kosher salt + black pepper to taste
- Put all in pot.
- Bring to a boil.
- Reduce to simmer.
- Cook for…like 20 minutes? Who cares! Till you feel like it.
Serve with crusty toasted bread!
Which would have been even better if we’d had butter and it hadn’t been a week old!
Dark chocolate makes the evening complete.