Don’t read this post. Go read about the tofu farm I visited today instead! Much more fun.
All that walking today wore me out! I was pretty hungry when we got back home. While doing my blog work, I munched on a snack I’ve been meaning to make for a while. Well, at least since we finished off a jar of Cinnamon Vanilla Sunflower Butter.
Hot apples in a jar. HAIAJ!
Topped with a few tbsp of Ambrosial granola.
Matt gets all the credit for this fabulous dinner.
We took leftover chicken drums from Karen’s whole chicken that went into the white chicken chili from Sunday and braised them in a wonderful veggie mix. Consider this deconstructed vegetable chicken soup!
- Chicken (we had two drumsticks and two wings)
- 2t Garlic Gold oil
- 2 carrots, lazily chopped
- 1 can diced maters
- 1 can corn niblets, drained
- 2C fresh green beans
- Begin preheating oven to 300.
- In an oven-safe pot, sear chicken in oil on all sides until brown.
- Before chicken is finished browning, add carrots to pan to sauté.
- When chicken is done, add entire can of tomatoes, and the drained corn
- Add seasoning and spices as desired. Salt and pepper are required, of course, but I added chili powder, whole black peppercorns, paprika, and garlic nuggets. Stir to incorporate.
- Cover pot and place into oven for at least an hour. If you want to cook it longer, lower the temp to 220 after an hour (ours cooked about an hour and a half)
- With 5 minutes left until serving time, stir in green beans and return to oven with lid on to steam done.
I had a sky-high pile of veggies and a drumstick!
What goes awesome with chicken + veggies? CORNBREAD! I squealed when I remembered we still had a few of these!
We spent the whole meal speaking in broken French + Spanish with the help of these placemats my mom got me from World Market a few years ago.