So I woke up a little stiff in areas from my run yesterday and thought I’d try YogaDownload.com’s Yoga For Runners. I prefer to do yoga with video so I know exactly what the pose is supposed to look like, but this one was audio only (although there is a PDF post guide to consult, but who wants to figure out which pose we’re on mid-class?). I started off well – in child’s pose! I know the names of some of them like Down Dog, Warrior II, Cobra from my DVD experience but we soon crossed into another language. I thought I was following along until she said “left arm” when I was on my right and had totally missed the switch and all and had no idea what the current pose was. So I stopped after 13 minutes. And realized I’d been doing an Intermediate level class! I would consider myself an Advanced Beginner, but this class was WAYYYY above me. Instead of trying another, I had a hungry husband ready for breakfast so we moved into a practice I am comfortable with: oatmeal
- 1/3 cup oats, vanilla soy milk, water, pinch salt, 1 medium ripe banana (we have an abundance of ripe ones so I’ve been using double the amount lately)
- 1/2 crumbled Quaker True Delight Coconut Banana Bar
- 1 tbsp toasty almonds
- Flaked coconut butter
- Spoonful Barney Butter
And a wonderful cup of joe –
I admit, I am a bit obsessed with cleaning these days. When I have the time, I like to keep things sparkling because it puts me in such a good mood. So today I cleaned the floors (again), vacuumed (again), cleaned the kitchen well and put everything away and dusted. Everything’s in tip top shape to start out the day.
Speaking of cleaning, a reader shared this article with me on why not to use vinegar. It does make my floors dull, so maybe the acid is doing some harm. Guess I’ll stick to Mrs. Meyers!
- Trip to the gym for some good magazine time
- Shower + lunch
- Mall for my sister’s Xmas gift
- Williams-Sonoma for some balsamic vinegar that Gran Bett gave us a gift card to specifically get (we got her hooked on the good stuff 🙂 )
- Blockbuster to return last night’s movie
- Probably another dinner on my own 🙁