Tuna + Cottage Cheese Salad
A friend of mine told me one of his favorite foods is tuna, cottage cheese and tomato mixed together with salt and pepper. This is that salad, KERF style
Feel free to alter the recipe depending on what you have on hand!
Mix all together in a bowl:
- 1 drained can tuna
- 1/2 cup low-fat cottage cheese
- 1 ear of corn cut off cob (or ~1/3 cup frozen)
- 1 chopped jalapeno (to taste)
- ~1/3 cup chopped summer squash (or other veggie of choice)
- 1 large or 2 small chopped roma tomatoes
- 1/2 an avocado, diced
- Few leaves chopped fresh basil (totally optional)
- 1 tsp Gulden’s Zesty mustard (or other dijon)
- 1 tsp Creole or Cajun seasoning
- Salt + pepper to taste
Serves 2. Each serving about 250 calories.
Serve with crackers for dipping or over a bed of baby spinach.