A friend of mine told me one of his favorite foods is tuna, cottage cheese and tomato mixed together with salt and pepper. This is that salad, KERF style 🙂
Feel free to alter the recipe depending on what you have on hand!
Mix all together in a bowl:
- 1 drained can tuna
- 1/2 cup low-fat cottage cheese
- 1 ear of corn cut off cob (or ~1/3 cup frozen)
- 1 chopped jalapeno (to taste)
- ~1/3 cup chopped summer squash (or other veggie of choice)
- 1 large or 2 small chopped roma tomatoes
- 1/2 an avocado, diced
- Few leaves chopped fresh basil (totally optional)
- 1 tsp Gulden’s Zesty mustard (or other dijon)
- 1 tsp Creole or Cajun seasoning
- Salt + pepper to taste
Serves 2. Each serving about 250 calories.
Serve with crackers for dipping or over a bed of baby spinach.