Wedding was beautiful and very fun, but I did NOT meet my healthy goals!!! I did OK with the food. Small amounts of the raw veggies and spinach dip for appetizers. Dinner, see below. I think I had about 3 glasses of wine (hard to tell because I shared some with husband but I think it was about 3 – which is too much for me!).
Before we left I had a lavender and plum yogurt for a snack:
On the buffet they had:
- A mashed potato station with cheese, sour cream, bacon, and salsa
- An Italian station with tortellini, focaccia bread, and bruschetta
- A chicken and veggie skewer station with BBQ, peanut and hoisin dipping sauces
- A shrimp station
- A beef and turkey carving station
On my plate:
- 2 veggie skewers with 1 tsp hoisin sauce
- 2 chicken and pineapple skewers with 1 tsp peanut sauce
- 1 piece focaccia bread
- 1/2 cup tortellini with some Parmesan cheese
- 1/3 cup mashed potatoes with a sprinkling of cheese and bacon and a tbsp of sour cream
- Extra raw veggies from the appetizer station
- I also had (not pictures) 3 shrimp and 1 small bite each of carved turkey and beef.
Then for the cake!!!!!!
There were two kinds, which ALWAYS means disaster since I have to try both. The chocolate was drier but I liked the icing a lot. The almond cake was TO. DIE. FOR. moist. Both had a vanilla creme filling. I think I had about 3 whole pieces, albeit “wedding cake pieces” so they were about an inch thick and 3 inches long. Maybe the equivalent of 1 normal bakery slice? Still, I was very, very bad and couldn’t keep myself from dwelling on the extra slices lying on a table all night. Husband had to physically restrain me a few times. NOT good behavior!!!
I left the wedding absolutely stuffed. This morning I did my best to calculate the calories. Of course, there’s no real way to tell, but I think I did OK on the food side of things. It was really just the cake and wine that did me in.
But I’ll recover. And I did run 5 miles that morning!