Tuesday nights are fun!! I go to Mommy & Me-In-The-Womb yoga and Matt makes dinner. He came home a little early this afternoon to get started on a crock-pot dish with some local pork spare ribs.
Our plates were full of delicious vegetables – and a little meat in the center.
He even wrote out the recipe to share with all of you!
Cumin Carrots with BBQ Spare Ribs
- 3-4 cups carrot chunks
- 3/4 lb spare ribs would be fine with a little more too
- 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 3/4 cup water
- 3 tablespoons maple syrup
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon each salt pepper, cumin, smoked paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- Dash of red pepper flakes
- Sear ribs in a skillet for 3-5 minutes per side, until brown
- Place into crock-pot
- Top with carrots
- Top with remaining ingredients
- Set crock-pot to high for 5 hours
- If desired, once carrots and pork are removed, reduce the remaining juice in a medium pot until nice and thick and pour over dish.
The ribs were divine, but the star of this dish was the carrots!
And the side of purple potatoes that we roasted in the oven! LOVE purple potatoes!
And finally, a few grilled peppers
This was one of those “feel good” local meals – the pork was Babes in the Wood, the carrots were Local Food Hub, the pepper was from our garden and the potatoes from the city market!
Goodness this food tasted good tonight!
I also just wanted to note that I don’t show everything I eat on KERF if you guys think I’m 35.5 weeks pregnant and not eating a bite between lunch and dinner! If I assemble a big snack, you’ll see it, but today I had 2 graham cracker + almond butter bites before yoga that were consumed in a hurry so I could get to class! I don’t always mention these smaller snacks or if I have something light in the evening like a mug of cereal before bed.
And now – it’s time for gymnastics!!