This Thai crunch mason jar salad combines hearty noodles with crunchy vegetables and peanuts plus an amazing peanut dressing that you’ll want to eat on its own. Make this salad on prep day and enjoy it hot or cold when hunger calls.
Thai Crunch Mason Jar Salad
This salad has been a favorite from Plenty all year long! I finally have the recipe to share. It has layers of noodles tossed in sesame oil (and seeds!) plus crunchy fresh vegetables, fresh cilantro and salted peanuts. It will keep in the fridge for a few days (especially if you go avocado-less or add that at the end). Also, it can even be served hot as a stir-fry (again, hold the avo, cucumber, and cilantro if you do that as garnishes!). This recipe is designed around filling four big wide mouth mason jars, but you could easily make this in one big bowl as well.
The Peanut Dressing
Let me tell you – the secret is always in the sauce, but THIS sauce is just incredible. It’s a lot of peanut, a little sesame, and a little sweetness (from honey and rice wine vinegar). It is thick and so good you’ll want to lick the jar!
How To Make The Thai Crunch Salad
Cook your noodles. These are technically wheat ramen noodles (from Trader Joe’s) but you can use soba noodles or even spaghetti.
You don’t need this much cilantro so use the rest for cilantro pesto!
Short cut: use pre-shredded carrots + cabbage and zucchini noodles to save time on assembly! Then you just have to chop cucumbers and peppers.
Thai Crunch Mason Jar Salad with Peanut Dressing
- 10 ounce pack Ramen wheat noodles or spaghetti
- 2 tsp sesame oil
- 1 tbsp mixed color sesame seeds white + black
- 1 bell pepper cut into strips
- 1 cup shredded carrots
- 1 cup shredded purple cabbage
- 1 cup zucchini noodles
- 1 cup chopped seedless cucumber
- 1 avocado sliced
- 1/4 cup salted roasted peanuts
- 1/4 cup cilantro
For the dressing
- 1 tbsp coconut aminos or soy sauce
- 1 tbsp rice wine vinegar
- 1 tbsp honey
- 2 tbsp sesame oil
- 1 garlic clove grated
- 1/2 tsp ginger grated
- 1 pinch red pepper flakes
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 3/4 cup peanut butter melted slightly in the microwave
- 2 tbsp chopped peanuts
- Cook ramen according to package until al dente
- Toss noodles in 2 tsp of oil and sesame seeds and allow to cool.
- For the dressing, combine aminos, vinegar, honey, sesame oil, garlic, ginger, and red pepper flakes in a jar. Add olive oil and blend with stick blender. Pour into a bowl and whisk in heated peanut butter until smooth. Stir in chopped peanuts.
- Portion noodles into the bottom third of a large wide-mouth mason jar. Add veggies in layers and top with avocado, peanuts and cilantro.