Last week I invited some friends over to have dinner and watch Survivor together. It was a really cold and windy day, so I decided on chili!
I went into it without a recipe, and came up with this super easy beef and bean chili that everyone loved.
This chili has three steps: brown the meat with garlic (and onions if you can stand ’em!), add everything else, and simmer until the flavors are awesome. Done and done.
Chili powder and smoked paprika spice her up.
Our toppings included grated pepper jack cheese, Greek yogurt, and Red Hot Blues, which I dipped like nachos.
Super Easy Beef Chili
- 1 pound ground beef
- 2 cloves garlic crushed
- 1 cup diced bell peppers
- 1 cup frozen corn
- 1 can pinto beans drained
- 1 kidney beans drained
- 1 28 oz can crushed tomatoes
- 1 cup water use the tomato can to get all the extra sauce!
- 1 tbsp chili powder
- 1/2 tbsp smoked paprika
- 1 tbsp brown sugar
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- Brown beef and garlic in a deep pot until beef is cooked through. Skim off fat.
- Add remaining ingredients and stir to combine.
- Bring to a bubbling simmer and cook, covered, for at least 15 minutes, but preferably longer so the flavors develop.
- Serve with cheese, sour cream, and chips, if desired!
At the Survivor watching party, Hillary brought these chocolates from Trader Joe’s to do a blind tasting. She loves a good blind tasting!
I think it’s funny how sure I was of some of my flavor guesses, but I was so not right! The only standouts were the orange and the coffee.