A long-known fact of the blog world: everything is better in a jar.
These little jars are a cross between a crumble bar and a yogurt parfait. They are DELICIOUS. The thick yogurt is spiked with jam, the crumble layers provide the best crunchy texture, and the fresh strawberries add a layer of goodness.
Dessert / Breakfast / Big Snack
Call them a dessert or a breakfast or a snack because I’ve had them for all three occasions. I actually did the nutrition math on these and they come in a 385 calories per jar with 3 grams of fiber, 12 grams of protein, and 28 grams of sugar. Do with that what you may!
Put A Lid On It
Because you can add a lid, these make a great picnic or portable summer treat. They will keep in your fridge for a couple of days, so make them ahead and take them with you wherever your summer travels go. I also imagine that from the same ingredients one could make a pie – a crust pressed into the bottom of a small pan, a creamy, dreamy yogurt layer, strawberries and crumble on top. I haven’t tried this (yet) but tell me if you do!
(Yes, there’s a hole in my lid, designed for a straw. But since these just went in my fridge I had to use the cutest lids I could find! These are by Mason Jar Lifestyle.)
Super simple!! And almost no bake. The crust gets a 10 minute bake to help it firm up and crisp the topping a bit.
Crumble 4 LIFE
Into the bottom of 4 mason jars (which are oven safe)
Press down with spatula
Bake for 10 mins
Watch me make these on IGTV today!!
Strawberry Crumble Jars
- 4 mason jars
Crust + Crumble Topping
- 1/2 cup rolled oats
- 1/2 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 tsp baking powder
- 1 Pinch salt
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1.5 cups plain 4% greek yogurt
- 1/4 cup strawberry jam
- 1/2 cup sliced strawberries
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Mix oats, flour, brown sugar, baking powder, and salt in a bowl. Melt butter to liquid and pour into oat mixture. Stir well until all combined.
- Portion 1/4 cup of mixture into the bottom of 4 mason jars and press down with spatula.
- Place jars and remaining crumble onto a sheet pan and bake for 10 minutes. Allow to cool completely.
- Meanwhile, mix jam and yogurt. Slice strawberries.
- When jars are cool, divide yogurt between jars. Top with strawberries and remaining crumble.
- Store in fridge.