This sky-high scrambled egg sandwich on whole wheat bread is layered with avocado, slices of sharp cheddar, and spinach. Enjoy for breakfast or lunch!
When I was young my mom used to make a scrambled egg sandwich for lunch all the time! Just two pieces of bread with scrambled eggs in between. Why didn’t she simply have scrambled eggs and toast on the side? I have no idea! Scrambled egg sandwiches were her thing. (She also loves raw oatmeal, dry cereal in a bowl, cucumber and cream cheese sandwiches, and rum and cokes!) Every now and then she would make me this sandwich, and I always enjoyed it.
Admittedly, even now I don’t think to put scrambled eggs into a sandwich often. Wouldn’t it be easier to put a fried egg or egg patty on a sandwich? Wouldn’t it make more sense to wrap scrambled egg in a burrito so the egg wouldn’t fall out? Yes. Yes to both of those. But there is something about the texture of a super fluffy egg in a sky-high sandwich that you just have to try to believe!
How I make my scrambled egg sandwich
Mom’s version was super simple – I don’t think she included avocado or spinach. But I of course, like to up both the flavor and nutrition game. Plus with all of these ingredients, it makes an all-in-one lunch!
- First toast the bread. This helps it stand up to the egg.
- Then scramble your eggs! 1-2 works.
- Smash the avocado slices into one side, top with spinach.
- Put egg and cheese on the other.
- Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Very carefully press sandwich together.
- Hold tightly while you eat!
Scrambled Egg Sandwich
- 2 eggs
- 2 slices whole wheat bread
- 1/4 avocado
- 1/3 cup spinach leaves
- 1 ounce sharp white cheddar
- salt and pepper
- Toast bread. Meanwhile, scramble eggs as you normally would.
- Layer avocado and spinach on one side.
- Layer egg and cheese on second side. Season with salt and pepper.
- Carefully fold sandwich together.
Have you ever put scrambled eggs on a sandwich?!