On my way back from Jefferson Vineyards (I was picking up an assignment – not drinking!) I got stuck in a TERRIBLE storm!!!
It was very scary, and lightening nearly struck my car. I didn’t know where to go, so I went to the bakery!
Matt gave me comfort
And comfort food in the form of a cookie piece!
Back at home, I was still hungry. Perhaps my longer-than-normal run!? I had a taste of the granola bar Diana brought to HLS – delicious! It held together really well! And a small spoonful of SFB!
My snack had to power me through a 7pm dinner because I had a play date with Levi!
My favorite little friend lives just a few houses away so Jenn and I made a walking date. It was a little spoiled with the weather, but we had a good time anyways. Levi even fell asleep!
Back at home, I was one starvin’ marvin! Must be that time of the month. I couldn’t keep my paws out of the bacon, cheese and beer while I cooked.
And the crouttttonnnns!!!!
Tonight I made a simple 10 minute meal out of a boxed soup, fresh greens and simple add ons
Make Your Own Sweet Potato Soup
Yield 2-3 Servings
- 1 box Trader Joe’s Sweet Potato Bisque (or Pacific/Imagine brand)
- 3 slices loganic bacon
- 1 massive salad spinner full of kale
- Grated or cubed cheese
- Homemade croutons
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- Garlic gold nuggets to taste
- Kosher salt to taste
- Yogurt for garnish
- Cook bacon in pan and remove when brown on edges.
- Add kale to bacon grease and cook until wilted, about 5 minutes.
- Add soup and stir to combine. Heat till hot and then simmer for 10 minutes.
- Preheat broiler and toss cubes of bread with coconut oil, salt and garlic gold nuggets.
- Broil croutons for 5 minutes until brown at edges.
- Pour soup into bowl.
- Garnish with croutons, bacon, cheese and a dollop of yogurt.
Too full for dessert!