Kelsey and I had quite the feast tonight! (And of course we shared with Matt 😉 ) We’ve been planning it for weeks now as our end-of-semester celebration, so even though I partied all weekend, I had to continue with one last hurrah.
Kelsey brought over this fantastic $4.99 bottle of sparkling wine from Trader Joe’s. It was probably the best sparkling wine I’ve ever had!! Can’t beat that price
I had a champagne glass plus a splash more –
The meal was taco salads. I know we just had these last week, but this version was slightly different!
- Romaine bed
- Topped with a cooked mix of bell pepper, corn, tomato, kidney and black beans spiced with cumin, oregano, garlic powder + chili powder (~2/3 a cup?)
- Some aged white cheddar (the SECRET ingredient. Gosh, it really made the salad. I normally skip cheese on taco salads because it gets lost in the mix, but this was sooo good)
- Kelsey’s corn salsa (recipe coming at Bites + Bowls soon!)
- 5 avocado slices
- Real sour cream leftover from this weekend
- Chopped pickled jalapenos
- Chips for dipping
The corn salsa –
We watched Slumdog after dinner. I liked it, but it wasn’t my favorite movie. The ending was horrible!! Way to leave us with no resolution…
Kelsey made Margarita Cupcakes for dessert!!! They were doll-sized and a perfect ending. The icing was tart and perfectly whipped. Recipe to come for these too!
Last but not least, Kelsey cracked open a bottle of red. I was handed a tiny pour – just to taste it! The theme of this weekend was taken from Bethenny Frankel’s book “taste everything, eat nothing.” (I owe you guys a review of it.) I didn’t think it was the best book, but she did have a few good points. I often forget how a taste of things is sometimes just as satisfying as a huge portion.
I have a slumber party to return to