This recipe looks fancy but it was so easy. We invented it ourselvesThe husband took the initiative to add 100 calories worth of butter (14 grams) which I thought was rather pointless because I couldn’t even taste it. Oh well. The navy beans are also optional, but we added them for more protein and fiber (and because we needed to get rid of them!)
Wild Mushroom Soup:
- 1 pound assorted mushrooms (cremini, button, oyster, skitaki)
- 1 large carrot, chopped
- 1 large stalk celery, chopped
- 2-3 cloves garlic, minced or pressed
- 1 can Campbell’s Cream of Mushroom Soup, Low-Sodium
- 14 oz can beef broth, low-sodium
- 1/2 cup navy beans
- Butter (optional)
- Chopped walnuts for garnish
Cook chopped mushrooms, garlic and veggies in a large dutch oven until tender. You can cook it in butter for extra flavor, but it’s not necessary. Add broth and cream of mushroom. Simmer for 10-15 minutes. Puree with a stick blender, leaving some chunks. Or puree 3/4 of soup in food processor or stand blender. Garnish with walnuts.
Makes 2 servings.
~325 calories per serving when using 1 tbsp butter. 250 calories without butter!