Delicious! The goat cheese makes it very creamy and gives it a nice tang.
Turkey and Goat Cheese Baked Pasta .
Basically mix together in a big bowl:
- Cooked fresh tomatoes (about 10 small romas) with fresh oregano and a dash of red wine to taste. Plus a little salt and pepper.
- Cooked chopped zucchini (2) and sliced mushrooms (1 pint)
- 1/4 cup hydrated sun-dried tomatoes
- About 8 oz cooked whole wheat egg noodles
- 20 oz browned 99% fat free ground turkey
- 1 4 oz log of goat cheese
Spread into a baking dish and top with about 2 oz of shredded mozzarella cheese then put under broiler until cheese is brown. I would also suggest a little bit of jarred tomato sauce, as this turned out a little too dry.
Variation: Chicken Sausage
All we did was cook 2 boxes of whole wheat rotini and toss it with the following mixture of 2 pints ofmushrooms, 1 drained can of diced tomatoes, 6 Andouille chicken sausages, 3 cloves garlic, and a spice blend of oregano, red pepper flakes and S+P.
We put it all in 2 baking dishes and stirred in 2 containers of goat cheese. Then we topped with shredded cheese and baked for about 20-30 minutes in an unknown hot oven temperature.