Savory, sweet, crunchy, soft – all the best!
Lentil & Sweet Potato Salad
Servings 2 Servings
- 1/2 cup green lentils rinsed
- 2 small or 1 large sweet potato
- ~1/4 cup walnuts
- ~5 dates
- 1 tsp dijon mustard
- 1 tsp balsamic vinegar
- 1 tsp maple syrup
- Pinches of kosher salt + ground pepper
- Sprinkle of cinnamon
- Spinach to serve
- Cook lentils in a pot until tender using a 4:1 water to lentils ratio. Bring to boil, reduce to simmer and cook for about 30 minutes on low.
- Meanwhile, dice sweet potato, spray with cooking spray and sprinkle with cinnamon, salt and pepper, and bake cubes at 400* for about 30 minutes.
- Chop dates and toast walnuts in the microwave (1 minute on high) or in a dry skillet.
- Combine mustard, vinegar and maple in a jar and shake to combine.
- When lentils and potato are done, toss everything together and serve over chopped baby spinach.