The star of this pasta salad is Presidential Fat-Free Sun-Dried Tomato and Herb Feta. It’s got SO much flavor! I have never really like feta that much, but this will be making more appearances in our house. It’s only 35 kcal per ounce – and packs more flavor than many of the full-fat fetas out there!
- 4 oz whole wheat penne
- 1 medium cucumber, peeled, seeded, and chopped
- 1 small/medium zucchini (about 5 oz), chopped and seared in a skillet
- 1 can diced tomatoes, drained (definitely use real tomatoes when they’re in season and good!)
- About 15 chopped kalamata olives
- 8 oz block of feta, diced
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp red wine vinegar
- 1 heaping tsp sun-dried tomatoes in oil
- Juice of half a small lemon
- 1 tsp honey
- Pinch salt
- Pinch pepper
Toss all ingredients in dressing! Makes 3 servings, about 330 kcal each.