Creamy Curry Butternut Soup
Yield 5 Quarts
We served this at our housewarming party and it was a HIT!
- 1 butternut squash, peeled, de-seeded and chopped into cubes
- 1 box veggie broth
- 1 can lite coconut milk
- 4 cups navy beans (or about ~3 cans, drained)
- 2 celeries, chopped
- 2 carrots, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, pressed
- 2 tbsp yellow curry powder
- 1/2 tbsp garam masala (or you could mimic this with pinches of nutmeg, all spice and/or cinnamon)
- 1 tbsp salt
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 1/3 cup whipping cream
- Combine everything but cream in a large crockpot. Set to low and simmer for 4 hours. Then stir in cream and stick-blend in the crockpot until smooth.
- [Note: You could also make this in a big stock pot, and you could use a traditional blender to cream if you don't have a stick blender.]
- Serve with a dollop of yogurt and shredded cheddar cheese.