If you’re in need of portable whole grains, these are perfect. They are the flavor of good nutrition!
Baked Oatmeal Snack Bar Recipe
Baked Oatmeal Snack Bars
- 1.5 cups rolled oats
- 1/2 cup chopped nuts I like walnuts!
- 1/2 cup dried fruit (raisins, cranberries, dates, figs)
- 1/4 cup seeds (sunflower, pumpkin, flax, sesame)
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 1.25 cups milk of your choice
- 1 tsp vanilla
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Mix dry ingredients.
- Mix wet ingredients.
- Pour wet into dry. Stir to combine.
- Pour into a 9x9 baking dish either coated in cooking spray or lined with parchment.
- Bake for 40 minutes.
- Cut into 9 squares.
Going into the oven
Parchment makes lift out SO easy:
So does a pizza cutter :
Whole grains to go.
NOTE: These are NOT crunchy like a granola bar. They are chewy like thick muffin.
You can wrap each bar in plastic wrap and put them in a ziplock bag in the freezer . When ready to eat, just grab and go, or microwave for instant enjoyment.