Acorn Squash Tutorial
One of my favorite veggies!
*This squash was orange because it was some random species, but they are usually greenish-black.*
1) Preheat oven to 375*
2) Cut squash in half with knife:
3) Scoop out seeds with a grapefruit spoon –
4) Put about half an inch of water in a baking dish and place squash cut-side-down
5) Bake for 30-40 minutes, or until squash is tender when poked through with a knife.
This stuffing combo was:
- 1/2 cup cooked navy beans, heated
- About 1/3 cup prepared cranberry sauce, heated
- 1 tsp caraway seeds
- Sprinkle of toasted chopped pecans
SO filling and so delicious! Oh, and I eat the skin. If the squash is cooked well enough, it’s just like eating potato or apple skin. Who wants to bother scooping out the flesh!? It’s not efficient. Just cut and eat!