Mustard Greens + Beans Quinoa
Greens + Beans Quinoa
3/4 cup quinoa
14 oz can garbanzo beans, drained
6 cups mustard greens, washed, trimmed of stems and cut into bite-sized pieces
2 cloves garlic, pressed or minced
1/4 cup crumbled feta cheese
2 tbsp sunflower seeds, toasted if desired
The juice of half a lemon
2 tbsp tahini
1 tsp olive oil
2 tbsp hot water
2 tbsp lemon juice
A few pinches kosher salt (to taste)
3-5 dashes hot sauce
- Cook quinoa according to package directions.
- Heat a skillet and spray with cooking spray. Add garlic and saute for 1 minute, adding a tablespoon of water of it begins to stick. Stir in mustard greens along with more water, if necessary, and cook until wilted and tender, about 3-4 minutes. Add garbanzo beans and cook until hot. Squeeze half a lemon over beans + greens.
- Meanwhile, whisk together tahini through hot sauce for dressing.
- In a large bowl, toss quinoa, hot greens + beans, and dressing.
- Serve topped with crumbled feta cheese and sesame seeds.
Each serving about 400 calories.