Maria’s Homemade Microwave Pumpkin Butter
- Scant 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/2 teaspoon allspice
- 1/4 teaspoon ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon clove
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 1/2 cups (15 oz) canned pumpkin (NOT pumpkin pie filling mix)
** The above measurements are approximations. I usually just eye-ball everything according to my tastes.
- Combine everything except pumpkin in microwave-safe bowl. Mix well, and microwave on high for three minutes.
- Remove from microwave (Carefully!) and stir really well.
- Stir in pumpkin well, and microwave on high 5 minutes.
- Remove from microwave (Even more carefully!), stir, and let cool.