Hello KERF readers! What an honor it is to be writing a post for Kath while she is on vacation in Bermuda. As you know by now or I hope you do, I am a huge fan of food and blogging in general and I have known Kath for about 8 months now. I originally was drawn to her site because I found her food to look so good and her writing style to be so addictive that I quickly became a daily reader.
Back in December I was fortunate enough to do a lunch guest post which for me was very exciting. So when Kath asked me if I would do another guest post I was excited and nervous at the same time to come up with something exciting, new and somewhat healthy.
With that being said, cue Caesar Salad Pizza. Have you ever had one before? It was my first time as I just happen to have the ingredients on hand and I thought it would be fun. So here is the scoop on how I made it happen.
- 1 1/2 Cups Warm Water
- 2 Packets (1/4 Ounce Each) Active Dry Yeast
- 1/4 Cup Olive Oil
- 2 Tbsp. Sugar
- 2 Tsp. Salt
- 2 Cups All-Purpose Flour
- 2 Cups Whole Wheat Flour
- Romaine Lettuce
- Parmesan Cheese
- Mozzarella Cheese
- Place water in large bowl – sprinkle with yeast.
- Let stand until foamy (about 5 minutes).
- Brush another large bowl with Olive Oil.
- In bowl with yeast, whisk sugar, oil and salt. Stir in flours until a sticky dough forms.
- Transfer to oiled bowl (brush top of dough with oil).
- Cover dough with plastic wrap and let stand in a warm place until it doubles in size (about an hour).
- Turn dough onto a well floured surface and knead until smooth.
- Preheat oven to 400°.
- Prepare in shape you desire and begin to assemble pizza dough.
- Spread a little olive oil, sprinkle of garlic powder salt, pepper and then some cheese
- Bake until golden brown and cheese has melted.
- Time varies depending on the thickness of your crust (12-20 minutes).
- One out of the oven, let sit for a minute and then top with remaining salad toppings.
So there you have it…. a Caesar Salad Pizza. Let me know what you think and if you like what you see – drop over to zestycook.com and stay a while. Have a great day and I look forward to seeing you again.