Moroccan Millet + Lentil Salad
This salad uses a base of millet and lentils flavored with golden raisins, cinnamon, cayenne and veggies.
- 1 cup of dry brown lentils cooked according to package (I used my rice cooker)
- 1 cup of dry millet cooked (again, rice cooker saved the day!)
- 1 cup chopped bell peppers
- 1/3 cup golden raisins hydrated in hot water
- 1/4 cup chopped salted roasted almonds
- 1/4 cup kalamata olives chopped
- 2 tbsp garlic gold oil or olive oil with a minced garlic clove cooked a bit if you don’t want bad breath!
- 2 tsp lime juice
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- 1/8 tsp cayenne pepper to taste – it’s hot