Caprese Pasta Salad
This caprese pasta salad makes a simple dinner, served warm with a protein, or a great lunch salad to make on prep day and eat all week. It’s also perfect for summer picnic season.
- 1 8 ounce box rotini or other small pasta shape
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes halved
- 1 zucchini finely chopped
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- 1/2 cup mozzarella balls quartered
- 1 big handful fresh spinach chopped
- 1/3 cup pesto
- Fresh basil for garnish
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Place halved tomatoes (cut size up) and zucchini on baking sheet and drizzle with olive oil, salt and pepper. Bake for 20 minutes, until tender.
Cook pasta according to directions and drain.
Toss pasta, tomatoes, zucchini, pesto, and spinach together. Gently toss in mozzarella.
Serve warm or chill for lunches.