Homemade Kale Caesar
This simple massaged kale caesar salad features roasted cherry tomatoes and a homemade caesar dressing that is easy to make and fancy enough for company.
- 8 cups of kale ideally a blend of curly and lacinato
- 2 cups cherry tomatoes halved
- 1 tsp olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Trader Joes Parmesan crisps crushed into bite-size bits (or make your own!)
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan
For the dressing
- 3 cloves garlic pressed or grated
- lemon juiced
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1/3 cup grated Parmesan
- 2 tbsp champagne vinegar
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- 1/4 tsp worcestershire
- 1 tsp honey
- 1 tbsp mayo
- 1 pinch kosher salt to taste
- 1/2 cup olive oil
Preheat oven to 250 degrees.
Spread halved tomatoes on baking sheet, face up to preserve juices. Sprinkle with salt and pepper and 1 tsp olive oil. Roast for 15 minutes.
For the dressing, combine all ingredients in a wide mouth mason jar and emulsify with immersion blender.
Massage kale with dressing plus 1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese.
Top with tomatoes, croutons and more parmesan to taste.