Confetti Chopped Salad
This colorful mix of veggies, corn, beans, and herbs in a white wine vinegar dressing is great as a side dish or base for protein, like eggs or grilled shrimp.
- 1 small sweet potato
- 1 broccoli crown
- 1 red pepper
- 1 yellow pepper
- 1 can navy beans rinsed and drained
- 1 can corn drained
- 1 handful parsley + mint chopped
- Salt + pepper to taste
- 2 tbsp white wine vinegar
- 1/2 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 small garlic clove pressed
- 1/2 teaspoon cane sugar or honey
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- Salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
Dice sweet potato and steam for 4-5 minutes until tender.
Cut broccoli into little tiny florets and steam if desired for 1-2 minutes.
Finely dice both peppers.
Toss all veggies with beans and corn (both drained) in a bowl.
Toss in herbs.
Shake dressing ingredients in a jar and pour about half over salad. You will have extra!
Finish with additional salt and pepper to taste.