Banana Bread Buckwheat Bake
Muffin meets cupcake meets bread meets cake – all in one. These are filling and super nutritious for a breakfast treat. Based on Ashley’s [www.edibleperspective.com] Ba-Nilla Buckwheat Bake. Check her blog for all kinds of variations!!
Servings 2 bakes
- 1/2 cup buckwheat flour ground from raw buckwheat in a vita-mix
- 2 tbsp raw buckwheat groats
- 2 tbsp chia seeds
- 2 tbsp chopped walnuts
- 1 whole farm-fresh egg whisked
- 1 flax egg 1 tbsp ground flax + 2.5 tbsp warm water, set out for 5 minutes
- 1 mashed banana mashed to a silky paste
- 1/4 cup 1% organic milk
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 tsp cinnamon which was strong!
- 1 tbsp vanilla which was expensive!
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
Preheat oven to 350*
Combine dry ingredients. Shake together.
Combine wet ingredients. Mix.
Add wet to dry. Mix.
Pour into 2 greased (with oil, butter, etc) oven-safe ramekins
Bake for 30 minutes.
Top with amazing toppings!