Eggplant Coconut Curry
This is one of those great “throw everything in a pot” dishes that turns into a flavorful stoup. It’s easy to mix and match flavors based on what you have on hand. Garnish with plain yogurt, coconut and salty peanuts or cashews.
Servings 2 Servings
- 1 eggplant cubed
- 1 can garbanzos drained
- 1 can coconut milk
- 1 cup cooked millet I used leftovers or you could cook fresh
- 4 garlic cloves pressed or minced
- 1/3 cup dried prunes or raisins or apricots – key!
- 1 tsp garam masala or a generous pinch of cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp curry powder
- 1/4 tsp paprika
- 4 glugs Liquid Smoke optional
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt or to taste
Heat pot to medium high.
Add oil and brown eggplant for 5 minutes. Add water to slightly steam if necessary.
Add beans + coconut milk + millet + prunes + spices and stir.
Reduce heat to low and simmer for 20 minutes…or until you feel like eating!