Easy Chicken and Bean Bake
This "casserole" couldn't be easier. Simply layer beans, herbs and veggies in the bottom of a baking dish, top with chicken and cook until brown and crispy. Prep ahead to make dinnertime a breeze.
Servings 4 Servings
- 2 cans of beans of your choice like navy beans and garbanzo beans, or use 3 cups of cooked beans
- 12 ounces green beans frozen or fresh
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh herbs like thyme and basil
- 1 lemon zested and cut
- 1 tsp each of kosher salt and black pepper layered and mixed
- 1-2 tsp fresh garlic zested
- 1/2 tsp Red pepper flakes to taste
- 1-2 tbsp olive oil
- 4-6 chicken thighs bone in or bone out, skinless or skin on
Start by prepping ingredients - drain and rinse beans, chop herbs, mince garlic
Mix beans, herbs, lemon, garlic, some olive oil, salt and pepper on the bottom of a casserole dish. Stir to combine.
Add thighs on top.
Drizzle thighs with olive oil and season with additional salt and pepper and red pepper flakes.
Bake in 425* oven for 45 minutes for skinless/boneless and 1 hour for bone-in/skin on chicken.