Orange and Dill Bean Salad
The beans provide protein, fiber and starch; cucumber and red pepper satisfy vegetable cravings; dill and orange bring bright flavor; and ricotta salata adds a salty punch.
Servings 4 Servings
- 2 cans or 2.5 cups of cannellini beans drained and rinsed
- 1 cup chopped red pepper about half of one
- 1 cup chopped English cucumber about 1/3 of a big one
- 1 tbsp chopped fresh dill
- 1 cara cara orange segmented
- 1/4 tsp kosher salt
- 1/4 cup ricotta salata
- For the dressing
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp orange juice
- 1/2 tsp Dijon mustard
- 1 small clove garlic crushed
Combine all salad ingredients in a bowl. Toss.
Make dressing, pour over salad.
Top with cheese.
Serve at room temp or chilled. Flavors will develop over time!