Summer Quinoa Salad
Adding in avocado, strawberries, and fresh mint would scream summer yet be cool and refreshing; chickpeas would add another protein punch to the dish and toasted coconut and walnuts would provide a hint of toasted nutty appeal. All of this topped with crumbled goat cheese and fresh squeezed lime vinaigrette would capture everything that I wanted and more. The preparation was simple and the protein-packed nutritious dish was refreshing and satisfying.
Servings 4 Servings
- 1 cup dry red quinoa
- 1 chopped avocado
- 1 cup chopped strawberries
- ½ can chickpeas rinsed
- 3 Tbsp. toasted shredded coconut
- 3 Tbsp. toasted walnuts
- 4-5 minced fresh mint leaves
- Crumbled goat cheese
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 2 Tbsp apple cider vinegar
- Juice of half a lime
- ½ teaspoon honey
- Zest of ½ lime
- Pinch of mint
1. Cook 1 cup of red quinoa following directions on the package
2. Chop avocado, strawberries, and mint to be stirred in the quinoa.
3. Toast the coconut and walnuts in a 350 degree oven for 2-4 minutes.
4. Whisk together ingredients for vinaigrette.
5. Stir in ingredients and vinaigrette into the quinoa.
6. Top with extra toasted coconut and walnuts along with crumbled goat cheese.