Wagon Wheel Pasta Salad
with lemon, artichoke, shrimp and squash
- 1 lb frozen peeled shrimp
- 1 lb wagon wheel pasta or whatever you like!
- 1 zucchini cut in half and sliced
- 1 yellow squash cut in half and sliced
- 1 red pepper cut into bite-size pieces
- 2 cloves garlic pressed or minced
- 1 can artichoke quarters
- For The Sauce
- 1/2 cup parmesan
- Juice of one lemon
- 2 tbsp reserved pasta water
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp salt
- Pepper to taste
Bring a large pot of water to boil. Salt the water so it tastes like the ocean!
Add pasta and cook until al dente.
Add the shrimp when pasta is almost done and cook for 2-3 minutes, until pink. Drain pasta and shrimp, reserving 1/4 cup of starchy pasta water.
Meanwhile while pasta cooks, add some olive oil to a pan and add veggies and garlic. Cook together for 7-10 minutes over medium heat until veggies are tender to your liking.
Add everything to the big pot, including artichokes and sauce ingredients, and stir together. Season with salt and pepper to taste and top with additional parmesan if desired.