with Mashed Banana
- 1/3 cup Quaker quick oats* + **
- 1/3 cup egg whites (the kind in the carton is best since there’s no onion powder in it like EggBeaters – ewwww)***
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- Cinnamon to taste
- Optional: 1/2 a mashed banana or 2 tbsp pumpkin puree
- Toppings to taste!
*You can use any amount of oats/whites – 1/4 a cup of each (~100 calories) or 1/3 or 1/2 cup each (~150 + 200 calories).
**You can use old fashioned rolled oats too, but you will want to soak them in the egg whites for at least 15 minutes – or overnight in the fridge
***You can use a whole egg, but I don’t think the pancake comes out as well, but it DOES work. Or real egg whites, but you’d probably need 2-3 eggs’ worth
- Mix together oats and egg whites with baking powder, vanilla extract and cinnamon in a bowl. Optional: add half a mashed banana to the batter.
- Preheat a skillet, spray with non-stick spray, and pour your batter in while shaping it into a large disc “pancake” with a spoon.
- When you can shake it around in the pan, it’s time to flip.
- Once cooked through, top with syrup, peanut butter, canned pumpkin, fresh fruit or my personal favorite – mashed banana and maple syrup!