Basil and Strawberry Scones
Makes 8-10 (I got 9 out of the recipe, but one is really big!) *Based off of this recipe
- 2 cups whole wheat flour
- 1 Tbsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 Tbsp sugar
- 1 Tbsp canola oil
- 3 egg whites
- 1/2 cup fat free plain yogurt
- 1/4 cup fat free milk
- 4 Tbsp fresh basil, ripped or cut into small pieces
- 3/4 cup fresh strawberries, chopped
- 1 Tbsp fresh orange zest
- In large bowl, mix flour, baking powder, salt, and sugar together.
- Drizzle in oil.
- Mix in egg whites, yogurt, and milk until the dough comes together.
- Stir in basil, strawberries, and zest.
- Drop onto parchment lined baking sheet, sprinkle with a bit of sugar and bake at 400 for 15 minutes.
These are so good! The orange zest is definitely what pulls these together, but I love the flavor of the fresh strawberries and summery basil together. What a perfect thing to make on this beautiful day!