…..in the tropics 😎
But they were cold tropics – we woke up this morning to a 59* house this morning – brrr!!! We have an emergency shut-off switch on the heat that occasionally gets flipped by accident in the laundry room, so it made for a frigid start. But nothing a little oatmeal couldn’t handle.
And to answer> Ryane’s question – of course I’m not sick of oats after my Quaked’ up weekend !
Banana + Coconut x2
- 1/3 cup oats, 1/3 cup soy milk, 1/3 cup water
- Pinch salt
- Half small banana
- Ground flax
- 1/8 cup cottage cheese ( I do NOT like Nancy’s Organic cottage cheese, which is all they sell at EarthFare. It’s sour and gross. Back to a special trip to TJ’s for the cheap and delicious Cabot brand next week)
- Crumbled Quaker True Delight Banana Coconut Macadamia Bar (!!!! SO GOOD!!!)
- 1 tsp of melted coconut butter (see below)
- Spoonful AB (the last of the jar – very dry!)
The coconut butter was a reader gift and is really cool! It’s just pureed coconut meat. It’s kinda waxy when just in the jar, but I nuked it for 15 seconds and got this creamy coconut icing. Mmmmm!!!
I updated my Amazon store to reflect some of the products that I’ve been eating lately, including wheat berries, hemp milk, Larabars, granola planks, and the coconut butter.
+ coffee – (blech to soymilk in coffee!)
OK, I am so running late today. Luckily the husband doesn’t go to work until this afternoon so we’ve been able to spend some time together. We’re planning a 10:30 workout, so I gotta get moving on my Chem Lab prep 👿