I slept for 9.5 hours last night!!! I think it was because I was by myself – I slept like a rock smack in the middle of the bed
I got up and ate half a banana with PB before setting out on a fantastic 5.5 mile run. It was a great one! The best part was definitely the wonderful sunscreen smells wafting from my skin. It made me feel like I was a the beach! I’ve taken some time off of running because my foot surgery foot was giving me a little trouble, but it’s gotten loads better and I’m glad it made it through this run OK.
iPod playlist highlights:
- Blue Sky, Allman Bros
- I’m A Guy, Brad Paisley
- Somewhere Over The Rainbow, Techno Version
- Pachelbel’s Canon, Brass Wedding Version
- Black Horse and the Cherry Tree
- Amarillo Sky, Jason Aldean
- Elephant Love Medley, Moulin Rouge
- (Don’t That Make You Wanna) Fall In Love, Kenny Chesney
- Let’s Talk About Love, Celine Dion
- Heaven Knows, Taylor Hicks
- The Rain in Spain, My Fair Lady
- Sexual Healing, Ben Harper’s Version
- We Are Man and Wife, Michelle Featherstone
- A Letter To Me, Brad Paisley
- There Ain’t Nothing ‘Bout You, Brooks and Dunn
Once home, stretched, showered, and dressed, I whipped up a batch of banana-trail mix oats. Although today’s blend had Trader Joe’s Nuts Over Antioxidants blend – a mix of dried blueberries, raisins, cranberries, orange-cranberries, raspberries and sliced almonds. I stirred it in during cooking to let the fruit plump and really enjoyed chewing my way through this bowl. I also added the remaining tablespoon or so of wheatberries for more chew!
Almond butter on a pillow of oatmeal!
With hot tea today. Breakfast was 500 kcal, 11 grams fiber and 19 grams protein.
Spring Frolics 2004
I was looking through my old college photos and thought you all would enjoy this photo of us at the same event smack in the middle of our college years.
Off to the grocery store!!