Boy is it warm out.
On the one hand, I just cannot complain about warm weather. It is fabulous!!
On the other, I would really like to wear my sweaters, put on the Christmas music and get cozy with a bowl of soup.
Would you believe that Matt was in favor of getting our tree yesterday and this Christmas fairy declined because it was “just too warm to get a tree.”
Now if I lived in Florida, I could get used to this! But I do not.
However, there is one really, really good reason I’m thankful it’s so warm today:
We’re getting our NEW FRONT DOOR!!!!!!!!!!!
Say goodbye to this hideous screen door, and a rectangle the workmen are joking was a “piece of cardboard” acting as our former front door. I cannot wait to see the final result!
Storm door be gone – your only purpose was biting my heels.
Our new backdoor is also being painted today. Our porch/door projects are nearly complete!
This morning I made chickpeas (wheeee!)
And went to Body Pump, which kicked my butt.
I decided to take myself out to lunch to sweeten the sting of going grocery shopping (who am I kidding – I love grocery shopping!) But really, it had been a while since I’d had a Whole Foods salad and all those veggies sounded so good today!
Perimeter Cart Filling Strategy: The basics
- 2-3 seasonal fruits
- 1 bunch bananas (with green tips!)
- 1 kind of greens (like kale, collards, etc.)
- 2-3 green vegetables for dinner sides
- 1 container salad mix or 1 bunch leafy lettuce
- Carrots and green pepper for salads (if we’re out)
- 1 kind of starchy veggie (like sweet potato or squash or corn in the summer)
- Mental check on bulk food stock (refill anything we completely used up)
- 1 meat (we already have salmon on hand this week)
- Eggs/milk/yogurt (if we are out of one or all)
- Mental check on pantry staples like tomato sauce or sardines (will venture into an aisle if I need it)
- 1 cheese for salads, 2 if planning to use some in a meal
Occasional Splurges: tortilla chips, pre-made hummus/sauces, extra cheeses, more expensive fruits/veggies like berries, non-bean/grain bulk bin stuff like dried figs, fancy drinks like kombucha
I piled in the greens and a few raw veggies and topped them with wheatberries, baked beans, sweet potatoes, green curry tofu, yellow curry fish, a piece of tempeh, candied pecans and some fruit
It was delicious!
Seltzer to drink
And my book to read. LOOOOOOVE the Kindle app!! I never knew I owned a Kindle and didn’t know it!
Headed to the bakery in a bit to work on things! See you tonight!