The hardest part of my week is always trying to decide if I want to exercise first or second on Saturdays and Sundays. My brain is always split 50/50. I had hoped to run first, eat second today, but “the urge” didn’t come to run when I got up (my surgery foot was sore from flip flops last night) so I decided to eat instead. I always prefer overall to exercise first, but it is nice on the weekends to have a break and feel lazy eating in my pajamas.
I woke up dreaming that I was shopping at a Whole Foods warehouse! There were rows of granola planks from all different decades, including tons of retired flavors, like peanut butter!! I was so mad when I woke up because I wanted to finish the dream, which was going to end in breakfast from the food court there that had yogurt and granola plank parfaits. So it was only logical that I had some granola plank at breakfast today!
I turned it into a banana split!
I put half a large banana on the bottom and topped it with the usual 1/3 cup prepared oats mixture (with kamut berries and flax), granola plank, PB + J.
I almost always prepare my oatmeal with banana IN it from the start. I’ve noticed the few times I’ve left the banana out that the oats cook totally different. The milk gets all foamy and it boils (and starts to burn on the bottom) MUCH quicker than with banana in it. Interesting food science!
I also had a 2/3 milk, 1/3 coffee. Would this be a Cafe au Lait?
I’ve got a ton to get accomplished today for the upcoming week, which includes:
- a major Micro test (that I am totally unprepared for)
- A Micro lab test too – both on Wednesday night.
- a major meal plan assignment due for Foodservice (I gotta finish this today or I’m screwed)
- 2 short papers and a set of questions for Nutrition in the Lifespan
- Homework (20 questions) in Organic
- A quiz in Organic on Friday
- Organic lab prep
- Organic written lab report
- And all the usual textbook readings
- Plus we have a benefit auction on Thursday night!