Guess who FINALLY got her fins in the pool!?!
After the extra 15 minutes it took me to locate and pack up my swim gear/shower stuff and ensure my sport suit still fit (it did!), I was happy I went to swim. I made a deal with myself that I only had to swim for 26 minutes, and so it went by fast enough.
Here are some tidbits about me + swimming:
- It was weird swimming pregnant. I felt kind of like I was suffocating the baby because he wasn’t coming up for breaths like I was!
- I didn’t feel that much lighter. I’m 11-13 pounds heavier than I used to be so that’s probably why!
- It was hard to stretch out my abs so much (and probably all the ligaments too), but I got used to it
- I am sore from Pump chest/back for the first time in a while!
- I want swimming headphones to pass the time with music, but I don’t want to buy them unless I go regularly once a week. A catch 22!
- I’d much rather watch a clock than count laps.
- I will only swim when the weather is warm – unless you give me a heated pool.
- I used to swim 3x a week after my foot surgery and really liked it then. Davidson’s pool was the best pool I’ve ever swam in thanks to long lengths.
- People have asked me my whole life if I’m a swimmer because I have broad shoulders.
- I can do flip turns, but I don’t do them because of the mental preparation it takes to not hit my head on the bottom of the shallow end floor. Too much thinking. Another catch 22…
- I breathe every 3-5 strokes – never on an even number!
- I was so worried blowing nose bubbles would give me a nosebleed in the pool. Luckily that didn’t happen.
- I hate sharing lanes. But it wasn’t too bad today.
- I once beat a bunch of boys in a lifeguard training time trial. Matt is still faster than me though (but we’re pretty close!).
- I swim more with my arms than my legs
- Swimming makes me really thirsty!
- 5 minutes of legs in the hot tub is the best way to end the session
- I want to do a triathlon at least once in my life. It’s the swim holding me back because I’m scared of lake murk.
- Swimming makes me feel like a real athlete, mostly because of all the locker room shower time
- Hope I can keep this up once a week till the baby comes!
When I came out of the gym, I decided to treat myself to lunch out! I never have my wallet when I go to the gym (a trick to keep me from picking up lunch as I walk by all the great places) but today I had it from running an errand, so the lunch spots sucked me in! AND just happened to run into Lynsie in the locker room, so she joined me for an al fresco lunch at the Pavilion.
I got to hang around with D some more!
I picked up a salad from Blue Ridge Country Store, which is kind of like a Whole Foods Salad bar on the Downtown Mall. I little bit of everything in there!
After lunch and lots of mom talk, we rode the horsies and then headed home!
The day just swam away from me!