You can tell the mornings when I go running because my breakfast post is always quite late!!
I WENT RUNNING!!
I almost didn’t.
Woke up at 7 moderately hungry. Did not really feel like running. But the sun was out…
- Running attire donned.
- Teeth brushed. Thought of running more appealing…
- Glass of water. Hunger abated.
- Date in mouth – no longer hungry (it’s funny how FAST my “morning hunger” goes away after just eating ONE bite!)
- Garmin + iPod afixed to body.
Running now seems a little appealing.
Mile one: 8:49. Going ok.
Mile two: 8:29. RUNNING IS FUN!!!!!!!!!!!
Mile three: 8:19. Competitive self decides to try to pass another woman jogger. Success.
Mile four: 8:40. Damn Cville and its hills!!
Last half mile: Run it in and walk up final hill.
Back at home for some berry picking and smoothie making.
Our poor strawbs are all water logged and rotty from all the rain :*( But I did find a couple of good ones in the patch.
Pick Yer Own Strawberry Smoothie
- 1 cup freshly picked strabs
- 1 extra ripe banana
- 2 tbsp Scottish oats
- 1 cup milk
- 1 tbsp chia seeds
- Ambrosial Granola + honey for toppings
- Non-edible flower décor on the side
One of those days I am I glad I am no longer addicted to coffee!! I just didn’t want anything in a mug on the side of this, and was happy not to have to make it.
No word yet how the baking is going, but I hope to taste some of Matt’s bread for lunch! Despite the fact that he can bake at any time of day, he seems to love the mornings, so he was up at 5:45 to go make a batch of scuffins! Honey Whole Wheat was project #2.